Whipped Feta Dip with Roasted Tomatoes
A delicious and quick recipe for Whipped Feta Dip with Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 ½ lbs cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, very thinly sliced
- 4 fresh oregano sprigs
- 1 cup olive oilKosher salt
- 12 oz crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 loaf crusty bread, sliced ½”
- Thyme + oregano leaves, to garnish
- Flaky sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375F°. Add the cherry tomatoes, sliced garlic, and fresh herbs to a 12″ cast-iron skillet. Cover with the olive oil, season with a pinch of salt, and stir to combine. Tomatoes do not have to be completely submerged in oil, but should be more than halfway submerged. Roast for 35-40 minutes, or until the tomatoes are soft and caramelized.
- In a food processor, combine the feta, olive oil, and water. Blend for a few minutes until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Spoon the whipped feta into a bowl. Add the roasted tomatoes over top, along with a generous drizzle of the oil from the skillet. Top the tomatoes with a few oregano leaves, flaky sea salt, and freshly cracked black pepper.